Friday, January 04, 2008

Memories

This morning I was going through some boxes and found old checks that date back to when I got sober. As I ran them all through the shredder I would pause and remember the Java Z... spent hours there drinking coffee and reading my big book, Media Play... the book store where I got just about every sort of self help book they had. Checks made out to my daughters private school, she was getting sexualy abused in her public school... many feelings and emotions shredding those ones. A check written to the club for my 12x12 and daily reflections. This list can go on and on. It was weird shredding little bits of my life. Sometimes it felt good running it through the blades and letting it fall to the bottom of the trash. Sometimes I wanted to hang onto the memory and go back to the moment that helped define who I am today. Tonight I get my chip having fresh memories of all the pain and struggles that now look like beautiful mountains behind me as I walk my path of serenity and peace.

1 comment:

Rex said...

Awesome post. You always have a way with words. Watching you walk the path gives me so much hope for my own future. When the mountain feels to steep for me to climb, a quick phine call to you reminds me that I can do it, if I just put one foot in front of the other, God will lead the way. Congrats on your "96" days! Love ya.