Friday, November 30, 2007

Nothing

Last night my 14 year old son and I was working on a homework packet. One of the questions was... "If you could change one thing about your family what would it be?" I held my breath waiting for his answer. You see my son is the baby of the family. This past year his older sister moved back home and had my first grandbaby. All of us have had to give things up and make adjustments, especially my son Nikkii. His answer to the question was... "Nothing." My spirit filled with gratitude.

When I first got sober I had to live with my mom. On my one year anniversary I was able to get my own place, I was so excited until my children said they didn't want to live with me because they were afraid I would start drinking. All these years later his answer is "nothing."

I can't put into words the joy that is in my heart today. That one simple word tells me that all the work I've done and all the fear I have walked through has not only restored me to some sort of sanity but also my family.

1 comment:

Rex said...

Awww....that is the most wonderful post! "If we are painstacking about this phase of our development.....", I just love when people start to see the 9th step promises coming true in their lives, it proves the program really does work. I am honored to be allowed to witness that all the promises have and continue to come true for you. You are truly an inspiration.