
Give me a word
Give me a sign
Show me where to look
Tell me what will I find
Lay me on the ground
Fly me in the sky
Show me where to look
Tell me what will I find
Oh, heaven let your light shine down
Love is in the water
Love is in the air
Show me where to go
Tell me will love be there
Teach me how to speak
Teach me how to share
Teach me where to go
Tell me will love be there
Oh, heaven let your light shine down
Collective Soul, Shine
I can really relate to Cho Seung-Hui, I too have wanted to kill and be killed. I too have written violently twisted poems and stories. I know how it feels to have rage drain all the breath from your soul, leaving a dark empty shell of pain and confusion. I too have spent much time plotting revenge. I too have prayed the words of this song searching desperately for an answer.
Today I do not sit in harsh judgment of Cho Seung-Hui. Today I am grateful that I was shown where to go. I am grateful that AA gave me a voice and taught me how to share. Today I am grateful that I am no longer a vast hole filled with fear and confusion. I am grateful I was shown love so that I could find love. Today I am grateful that I was shown the light of heaven so that I could turn from the path that Cho Seung-hui had to walk.

4 comments:
Simply beautiful Anna! I love that collective soul song...I think I'll try to put in on my blog!
Like you, I am very gerateful today to have a safe and loving place to go to talk about my fears. I am also grateful for people like you!
HUGS
While I have never had thoughts such as these, I DID include the idea of having a place to get help -- when I wrote my gratitude list.
Wonderful.....love when you can seem to help me make sense of something that I'm struggling to make sense of....did that make sense?
Thanks a bunch.
What a brave and beautiful post Anna. So many sit in judgement, when we have been sick and twisted too. There but for the GRace of God....
Post a Comment