...three pertinent ideas:
(a) That we were alcoholic and could not manage our own lives.
(b) That probably no human power could have relieved our alcoholism.
(c) That God could and would if He were sought.
I was told very early in my sobriety .. never forget your ABC's... I had to be shown where and what they were. At the time my head was swimming with all the AA talk, so they didnt mean much to me. Now they do.
Drunk or sober I cant manage my life without spiritual help, I will forever be alcoholic.
I haven't found a human perfect or strong enough to stop my self will...humans make mistakes and we fall. Nor have I found a human that can take the shame from my heart when I do stumble... I have only found that in my HP... I pray never again to put that responsibility on any human.
The "C" says could and would... doesnt mean can and will. My HP will give me the rope to hang myself dispite the harm I know it will do to me... I have freedom to make any choice I want. But if I seek my HP and ask for help .. I will be shown.
I have to do my part .. my HP will not do the action for me
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great post. I don't think I have ever heard them interpreted like that before. I especially like the last part.....I have to do my part...the action. Thanks. You're the bestest!
Post a Comment