Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Don't stop 5 minutes before the miracle ... Whats your Miracle?

There are so many miracles in my sobriety. I believe that all miracles are equally important... the one miracle I will talk about is love. Before I came in the program I didnt know what love was what it looked or felt like. Even the love for my children was hazy under the infulence of alcohol.

I first felt love from the fellowship ... welcoming hearts reaching to mine. It scared me, I had never experienced anything like that before. All sorts of people wanting to help and guide me... in return they only wanted me to pass it on.


Next I felt love from my HP. It grew inside me like a warm light... filling me up and removing all the fear from the dark corners of my mind. I learned I am a daughter of God, I am enough and perfect just the way I am ... so are all of you.

Hope was restored to my mind and body like the book talks about. I was able to look within and do a moral inventory, work with God on the areas I needed to work on and make amends to the ones I have harmed. I was able to see that fear is false and blocks all love ... so I try not to be afraid of you. In return I was able to let down my walls and learn to love all of you the best I can.

Today I can cry with you when things go wrong because I care and want the best for you. I can also cry when things go well and share the joy of the moment.

The program says to keep what we have we must give it away, I try to my best abilty to love you. I never again want to live in a cold world without love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love is such a nurturing word.
Living lovingly..that is the best way to live healthy and self nurturing..then we learn how to share it don't we?
Great post.
Thanks for sharing ~

Nettie said...

Anna,
I was on Tabs blog and decided to check out other links. Yours was first on the list and I wanted to let you know that the words on your blog touched me. I think reading from "the other side" might just be a real good thing for me.
Thank you.

Rex said...

Awesome stuff.....thanks for teaching me about love. I don't want to live in that world without love anymore either.