Water can inspire us to not become rigid with fear or cling to what's familiar. Water is brave and does not waste time clinging to its past, but flows onward without looking back. At the same time, when there is a hole to be filled, water does not run away from it in fear of the dark; instead, water humbly and bravely fills the empty space. In the same way, we can face the dark moments of our life rather than run away from them. ~DailyOm
Hello to all my blooger friends ... I have missed you. I have known for a long time that being sober is so much more then just not drinking. There is a saying that we can't go on yesterdays sobriety ... I am finding that so true. They say healing comes in layers like an onion the more you peel away the thicker and smellier the middle gets. Yet an onion adds so much flavor. Without onions foods are sorta bland and tastes like something is missing. How true it mirrors my life. I am a survivor of a dysfunctional family as most of us are. I am also a survivor of sexual torture. Fear has been a part of most of my waking days. My past plays so much into my present day thoughts, feelings, actions and relationships. Someone will say or do something that triggers the emotions of my past and I will either over react or detach to a place deep within myself. I have come such a long way in my recovery... but I want more. I want to be like the water from the quote I stole from Scott ... thank you for posting it. It's time that I start a new chapter of healing. The first chapter was very successful. I was able to put so much to rest and live a life I never thought possible. But that is yesterdays sobriety time to grow some more. My goal is to become more like the water. I am grateful that ya'll are here to share this path with me... thanks.
Friday, May 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh man , you brought tears to my eyes and goosebumps to my arms!
You are such a lovely human to post
such honesty and faith.You are starting a new chapter in your life is sounds like Anna and I am grateful you are sharing some pages of it here because you inspire us to continue writing new chapters in our lives too.Thank you for sharing.
PS.I hope you treat yourself to something special this weekend,
you deserve it :)
Wow. That was incredible. You give me so much hope and strength to keep at it. I want what you have and I'm finally willing to go to any length to get it. Thanks for all that you do, you are truly a gift from God. Love ya chickie.
Post a Comment