Friday, February 16, 2007

Trusting God

If you are trusting in your own strength, you have every reason to be apprehensive, anxious and fearful. What can you predict or control? What is there in you that can be counted on? What would give you the ability to be aware of all the facets of any problem, and to resolve them in such a way that only good can come of it? What is there in you that gives you the recognition of the right solution, and the guarantee that it will be accomplished?
Of yourself you can do none of these things. To believe that you can is to put your trust where trust is unwarranted, and to justify fear, anxiety, depression, anger and sorrow. Who can put his faith in weakness and feel safe? Yet who can put his faith in strength and feel weak?
God is your safety in every circumstance. His Voice speaks for Him in all situations and in every aspect of all situations, telling you exactly what to do to call upon His strength and His protection. There are no exceptions because God has no exceptions.
ACIM lesson for the day

Can ya'll hear my ego screaming?? Remember the scene in the Wizard of Oz where they spilled the water on the witch .... I'm melting, I'm melting!! The hair on the back of my neck comes to full attention ... who is God to say I have no strength!! Funny how I say things like that lol. My reaction to Gods protection is always to run away until the fear drives me just to the line of insanity then I go crying like a child. Remember the old days before water proof makeup and the women would cry, black streaks running down and over red stained lips ... well that's me!

Later same day...

Aaaahhhhhh God is my safety in EVERY circumstance. After some coffee, prayer and a whole lota meditation I can see this lesson for today as a truth for me. I can say ohhhh yes it is pure insanity to put my faith in weakness and feel safe. I can see that trusting in my own strength causes me anxiety and fear ... it should! I can say just for today I will put my trust where it is warranted and rest in safety. I can feel strength turning away from my ego and turning to my HP. It's going to be a beautiful rest of the day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome post. And I can sooooo relate. I just recently posted about running from G-d when I most need G-d.
I really wish you posted more often ;)
Peace,
Scout

Anonymous said...

I love crying when I feel God's presence!! So awesome! I, like you, also have the black mascara stripes running down my face this afternoon. I look like a zebra...lol! and I don't care! I'm going sit here and continue to cry until I am ready to stop!!

Traycee
tray_c_k@yahoo.com

Rex said...

Wow....I'm still in shock from when you called and read this to me. I will definitly be posting something about this some time this weekend. Love ya, and thanks for sharing.

Meg Moran said...

I need strength today as I face yet another character defect I am ready to let go. thank you thank for reminding me where to look. White knuckling it will get me nowhere. God could and would if he were sought.

lushgurl said...

Another lesson I need to learn, apparently, as this is the second time today I have read it!
I linked you from Meg's post where you had commented re:your grandpa and the red lipstick...See, now I KNOW He is working in my life, I have much to learn! Thank you for your ESH. XOX

vanessa7 said...

wow, what an awesome topic. this is what i have been struggling with in my life. Allowing myself to trust God. I dealy with anxiety on a daily basis especially when it comes to dating. I tell myself to be worried, there are so many guys out there, how will I know which one is right? and what if I change my mind? blah blah, and the thoughts keep recycling. I need to remind myself that God is in control of my life, and to just relax. It is a daily habit I have to do, speaking to God, until it becomes natural. anyone else know what im talking about?