Now here is one of my most favorite days of the year. This day was made for overindulgent people like myself. I must add, I am not a Catholic, never have been and never will be. I do know about Lent and have always wondered just why does Lent translate to eating fish.
Here is what Lent means for me.... I give up something that hinders my connection with HP in order to gain spiritual growth. Now for me eating fish for a week doesn't cut it. This year for Lent I am giving up being right. Being right takes me away from my HP, it gives me a false sense of security and feeds my already way to big ego. I will pause when I think/demand that I am right and turn over all thoughts/actions to my HP. I will remind myself .. this is Gods world. No matter how wrong/right something seems to me I just don't have all the information to truly judge any situation. I will keep ya'll posted on my progress.
As for today ...Fat Tuesday! I will live large, I will laugh till I cry, indulge in a chocolate chocolate chip muffin without guilt, I will love much and say thank you God for Fat Tuesday.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Happy Fat Tuesday to you! I love that line....no matter how right or wrong something seems I just don't have all the facts and truly can't know for absolute certain. Reminds me of question number two.
Thank you for your wonderful comments on my blog....I enjoy them so much! You are gonna be another soulmate that I will enjoy trudging with....
Anna you are an inspiration .. love your page .. always leave smiling ... thanks Megan (aust.)
Post a Comment