Saturday, February 03, 2007

“I could see peace instead of this.”

“I could see peace in this situation instead of what I now see in it.”

“I can replace my feelings of depression, anxiety or worry [or my
thoughts about this situation, personality or event] with peace.”

ACIM Lesson 34

The ability to close my eyes...breathe in deeply...let my breath out slowly. To see that jerk in my mind, the one I feel the need to defend myself and my truth with. Breathing in cool fresh loving air and letting out the burning breath of pain and frustration. I alone have the power to see this situation... this human in a way that brings me peace.

I am always amazed at the power I have once I can admit I am powerless... this is unamanagable. I can choose to be imprisioned with thoughts and feelings that prove this person has hurt me. OR I can choose to see love.

Breathing in love I can stand back and choose to see this diffrently. What is the lesson my HP wants me to learn? Breathing out anxiety I can know that nothing happens in Gods world by mistake. I can now see this person as a child of God just like me. I can understand that this person too has pain and fear ... just like I do. With one final breath I can ask that God heal us both.

4 comments:

Rex said...

Wow.....that was beautiful. Thanks for sharing that, I wrote it down. Thanks for sharing about how the simple breath of God can heal us. Love ya chickie.

dAAve said...

Been there. Felt that.
For me, it's realizing that I am being judgemental and must replace that with love and tolerance.
Love and tolerance is our code.

Anonymous said...

jeeese...I feel relaxed now..cool.
Great post chickie boom Anna!

Meg Moran said...

thanks Anna. I heard a real jerk at a meeting last night, and I swear I laid awake thinking about all of the things I "wished" I had said to him. HA! I think I'll give him to God...you helped me (Again) today.