Thursday, December 21, 2006

I Am

I am a deep thinker that loves to play
I wonder what my garden faireys do during the long cold winters
I hear the fairies in the dark of night
I see them dance under the bright yellow snapdragons during the hazy days of July
I want to dance with my garden fairies
I am a deep thinker that loves to play

I pretend to be a Goddess
I feel the soft silver of the moon
I touch the quartz in the center of the earth
I worry about the children sick with disease
I cry because we are at war
I am a deep thinker that loves to play

I understand actions based on love a nice idea
I say we can become love in action
I dream for loving days and peaceful nights
I hope I always dream
I am a deep thinker that loves to play

My daughter came home with a homework assignment to create an "I Am" poem. That night we all made a special poem of what we are. This one is mine ... A deep thinker that likes to play.

1 comment:

Rex said...

Wow. You can add greater writer to the list too. "I am blessed to know a deep thinker who loves to play."