Sorry for the lack of posting. I've been sick and have company all at the same time. But have missed each one of you. I find myself with a bit of time so thought I would get together a little something ...sure didn't take long to find that something. Last I wrote I was going to sit with some feelings. To be honest I didn't sit too long. With being sick and having company I've not been able to find the good mental space needed in order to do this. So I have been finding myself putting it off...not a good thing for an alkie to do for too long. I came across this read today ~
You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go.
Finding Our Own Truth
We must each discover our own truth.
It does not help us if those we love find their truth. They cannot give it to us. It does not help if someone we love knows a particular truth in our life. We must discover our truth for ourselves.
We must each discover and stand in our own light.
We often need to struggle, fail, and be confused and frustrated. That's how we break through our struggle; that's how we learn what is true and right for ourselves.
We can share information with others. Others can tell us what may predictably happen if we pursue a particular course. But it will not mean anything until we integrate the message and it becomes our truth, our discovery, our knowledge.
There is no easy way to break through and find our truth.
But we can and will, if we want to.
We may want to make it easier. We may nervously run to friends, asking them to give us their truth or make our discovery easier. They cannot. Light will shed itself in its own time.
Each of us has our own share of truth, waiting to reveal itself to us. Each of us has our own share of the light, waiting for us to stand in it, to claim it as ours.
Encouragement helps. Support helps. A firm belief that each person has truth available -- appropriate to each situation -- is what will help.
Each experience, each frustration, each situation, has its own truth waiting to be revealed. Don't give up until you find it -- for yourself.
We shall be guided into truth, if we are seeking it. We are not alone.
Today, I will search for my own truth, and I will allow others to do the same. I will place value on my vision and the vision of others. We are each on the journey, making our own discoveries -- the ones that are right for us today.
It occurred to me that's what I'm trying to do...find my own truth. Yet the truth is so very hard to find when it's mixed with fear, desire and avoidance. I know what my head says is not the truth...thank God for the program. I also know deep within me the truth is there...that still small voice that resides in each and everyone of us. Fear says turn away you dare not look...look I must if I want to progress with my sobriety. A friend said today that I must be cured...if he only knew what a trembling mess I am just underneath. We all just laughed and of course I said that was far from the truth. I am so grateful for this program and all that it has given to me. Even though it feels like I'm walking through some fog at the moment I know the path is there. I am grateful for all the many people that walk beside me everyday...I could not do it without you.
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
oh I love this one, I read the Language of Letting Go every morning because it truly helps to guide my thoughts and feelings towards my own truths.
Lovely post Anna~
Thank you for sharing~
Anna, beautiful post. Thanks for sharing. I truly appreicate your example and guidance. I am beginning to find that path to follow because I can watch you as you search for your own. I am truly grateful our paths have crossed and we can journey together. I love ya, Rexie
Hi Anna,
This post is very mind-blowing (in hopes to blow what lingers in our head out :) I am gonna save these words you posted today -- a lot to reflect on.
Once I heard a woman share that she has found her God, and she cannot find ours but she can help. It is up to us to discover this, what is ours such as our own truth.
Even though it feels like I'm walking through some fog at the moment I know the path is there.
Cultivating your Faith, this is refreshing. Thank you for this post. :)
Anna,
This posting is EXACTLY what I need to hear right now at this very moment. I own this book and have never cracked it open. I think now is the perfect time to take it off the shelf, blow the dust off, and start reading it.
I too am at a point in my life where I need to sit with things and also find my own truth. I finally have gotten those around me to be quiet regarding me so that I feel I have the space to find my own truth.
I feel very fortunate to have met you and your two children this week. You have a fantastic sense of humor and are blessed with two wonderfully alive and happy children.
As I drove through your town on the way to and from my biz trip I thought of you and Rexie and blew kisses from the highway. If I was alone I would have called and stopped by.
I hope our meeting is the beginning of much more to come. Thanks again for such a great post.
OK - so I started to read this post when all-of-a-sudden music starts playing and I almost jump out of my skin cause eyezz not x-spectin it! So I got lazy and chose to listen to the music cause I can't read and listen - is that from one too many shots? I will come back and read soon.
Your blog looks great and I can't wait to read more.
G~
Post a Comment