"The key is to not resist or rebel against emotions or to try to get around them by devising all sorts of tricks; but to accept them directly, as they are."
-- Takahisa Kora
Emotions are energy in motion. They bring us information if we are willing to experience them. Unfortunately, many of us are afraid of the energy of emotions and so we automatically resist them. And when we refuse to experience our emotions, we block them up. They become trapped and that entrapment drains our energy and brings continuing discomfort.
Don't let emotions push you into action or reaction. Just STOP and PAY ATTENTION. Allow them to be and to speak to you. Once they are acknowledged, their energy is released.
"Instead of resisting any emotion, the best way to dispel it is to enter it fully, embrace it and see through your resistance."
-- Deepak Chopra
"We have to become more conscious of our feeling-world. By learning to identify the ‘emotional baggage’ and manage our feeling-world reactions, we can view life based on current information instead of being held captive by our past."
-- Doc Childre
"Our feelings are our most genuine paths to knowledge."
-- Audre Lorde
First thing that comes to mind when I read this is...are you out of your mind, embrace and feel all emotions?? I have a hard time with this one. I'm a sensitive woman that gets more then her fair share of feelings and emotions. I am one that will run, hide try to escape this sorta stuff. My sponsor was always telling me to a-c-c-e-p-t everything about my feelings/emotions...not e-x-c-e-p-t. When I sit in the quietness of this morning I have been doing more of the excepting of what I have been feeling. No wonder I'm crabby the past few days. Yet I'm also at the same time telling myself yes now you know you need to do some sitting with your feelings but you haven't the time. So much to do in a short period of time...maybe tomorrow or next week. Today I will set out some time to sit with what I've been feeling and write about it.
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Nice post Anna.You are on to something here,keep sitting ,keep writing,keep sharing :)
Anna - all of these readings are wonderful and each speaks to me in a slightly different way.
This is such a "daily" area of my life and it is exhausting, absolutely exhausting. I think this will become slightly easier as soon as I am done unloading the baggage from yesteryears.
Hope your sitting and writing goes well.
Post a Comment