Wednesday, March 01, 2006


The meeting this morning was about appreciation. I found myself wondering what the word really ment, made a mental note to look the word up when I got home.

1 a : to grasp the nature, worth, quality, or significance of (appreciate the difference between right and wrong) b : to value or admire highly (appreciates our work) c : to judge with heightened perception or understanding : be fully aware of (must see it to appreciate it) d : to recognize with gratitude (certainly appreciates your kindness)

Appreciate often connotes sufficient understanding to enjoy or admire a thing's excellence

Seems it is easy to appreciate the sunrise, the birth of your child, the touch of your lover. Just how do you develop a true appreciation for the harder things in life.. death, disease, senseless violence. A gal said she thought to appreciate a moment ment being able to see that moment in all its truth, not adding to it nor taking away from it.

I am struggling in an area of my life and am finding it very hard to appreciate it. I know in the end I will be a better person...closer to my God..ect. I want to be fully aware...recognize with gratitude.. all the moments I have been given. I want to grasp the nature, worth and significance of the world around me and the people in it. I guess I start by staying in a moment (no running) and not letting my alkie mind add too or take away from it.

I do appreciate many things in my life but really think there is room for improvement.

1 comment:

Rex said...

Great thoughts. Thanks for sharing and reminding me once again to stay in the moment and fully experience it........be mindful of each moment.