Monday, March 13, 2006


Fear

"Unreasonable fear that our instincts will not be satisfied drives us to covet the possessions of others, to lust for sex and power, to become angry when our instinctive demands are threatened, to be envious when the ambitions of others seem to be realized while ours are not. These fears are the termites that cease lessly devour the foundations of whatever sort of life we try to build.

"Bill W., Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 49
Thought to Consider . . .

Courage is not the absence of fear, but the action in spite of the fear.

The past few days I have been riddled with this self-centered fear. I love how God decides to have this read show up in my mail box. I have decided to start doing some changes that I have been putting off and of all the days to get this today was the perfect day. Self-centered fear is much diffrent then lets say fear of the dark..with that fear you turn the light on...all fear is gone. This fear is not so simply treated. I have to walk the path and let the sun shine of the Spirit shine on all the very dark places that are so deep within me. For an alcoholic gal like me this is hard to do. Just for today my running shoes are hung up. I would like to say thanks to my "Sexy Senior" for this wonderful read and for all the other people that have the courage to take this path with me.

1 comment:

Rex said...

I totally understand where you are on this babe. I too am attempting to shine that light in my deepest, darkest places myself. It is not an easy thing to do. I'm counting on you for guidance on this one. Thanks for always being a shoulder for me to lean on. I love ya chickie