Friday, March 24, 2006

Daily Reflections

ACTIVE, NOT PASSIVE, p. 92

Man is supposed to think, and act. He wasn't made to God's image to
be an automation.
As Bill Sees It, p. 55

Before I joined A.A., I often did not think, and reacted to people and
situations. When not reacting I acted in a mechanical fashion. After
joining A.A., I started seeking daily guidance from a Power greater
than myself, and learning to listen for that guidance. Then I began to
make decisions and act on them, rather than react to them. The
results have been constructive; I no longer allow others to make
decisions for me and then criticize me for it.
Today--and every day--with a heart full of gratitude, and a desire for
God's will to be done through me, my life is worth sharing, especially
with my fellow alcoholics! Above all, if I do not make a religion out of
anything, even A.A., then I can be an open channel for God's
expression.



The reading really spoke to me today. I have been letting others make decisions for me..taking the action they advised me to take. It started so innocent...searching for a place I could live peacefully in. The good alkie I am had no clue on just how to do this. So I asked...I kept hearing the same advice over and over...feeling it was wrong but knowing that feelings are not always true...I started taking action...doing the "fake it till you make it" thing that we are all so familiar with. I had such a desire for an escape from the things I don't understand that I wasn't true to myself or my God. Things went from bad to worse....emotionally I was a wreck and physically it started to affect me. In the glow of a candle flame it occurred to me, I was living what others thought would be best for me. I have learned that sometimes we make choices to do things in our head. Then there are other times when God has stepped in and made a spiritual choice for us. There is no escaping the choices that are driven spiritually. It does not matter if we understand them or even like them. The price of not being true to yourself is high. A price I am not willing to pay. In time I will know all the why's and how comes. Till then I need to always remain true to myself and my God...even if it doesn't make sense to me.

2 comments:

Rex said...

Nice share. Glad you are reconnecting with your HP. You are aa awesome role model for me to follow. Love ya chickie

Anonymous said...

reminds me of the second step proposition God is everything or he is nothing...it's our choice.
There is only one choice .