
May 25, 1945 - Febuary 3, 2006
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep,
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am softly falling snow.
I am gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the gracefull rush
Of birds in circling flight.
I am the star shine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room,
I am the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there. I did not die.

Portrait of a Friend
His love for you is tops when you're at the bottom.
He looks you up when the rest of the world looks down on you...
He lets you step on his toes to help you get on your feet...
He shows you the meaning of friendship- not the meanness of it.
He shoots straight with you - nat at you...
He knows most of your faults- and cares least...
When you're wrong he tells you- not to the rest of the world.
He doesn't complain when you neglect him-
but beefs when you neglect yourself-
When you flop he never splits with you- except what he has...
When you achieve success- all he wants or it- is to know of it...
He lets you worry him more than his enemies do...
He is your best press-agent because he doesn't have to be paid to boost you...
He works his fingers to the bone to give you a hand...
His friendship is the kind you can't lose- even when you deserve too...
He stands behind you when you're taking bows, and beside you when you're taking boos.

2 comments:
wow, what a beautiful tribute.
Tab
Sounds like a great guy. How blessed you have been to have shared ten years of recovery with such a great person. May you continue to share his gifts with all that you have the honor to help.
Post a Comment