I lay,
In the shadows of the day,
And wonder,
What will save me,
From the darkness in my soul,
Who believes in me enough to know?
That sometimes love is not enough ...
I wonder my love,
Is your heart so tough?
Can it withstand the storms
That brew inside of me,
Can you look past them and see
The truth about me?
The shadows cast their nets,
And the fierceness of my soul is met,
By dark and troubled dreams,
And I can't help but wonder,
What it all means ...
I am cast like a stone,
Upon the water and skip a few times,
Then sink,
Feeling so alone ...
And yet beneath the surface,
I see you peering down,
And though you can't swim,
You dive in to save me,
Some how you see,
This is not where I want to be!
Your arms wrap around me,
Pulling me up towards the light,
We break the surface and I hear,
You whisper in my ear,
“Live for me…live for me!
You can't leave me here,
It is my one and only fear,
To live without you ..."
And the love in your words,
Warm my soul,
Making me understand,
I have at last found a man
Who loves me-
Despite the darkness he sees,
He believes I can one day be free,
To walk in the light by his side,
Someone he can confide,
His hopes and dreams to,
Now I must turn around,
Lay my darkness down,
And show you,
How much I love you too ...
I wonder if this is something,
I can do,
Share my life with you,
Open my heart and let you in,
So our life together can begin ...
When you are near me,
My doubts all fly away,
For here is where,
I want to stay ...
So touch me baby,
Make me feel real,
Let me feel your love in every way,
Cast these shadows from my heart,
Let us start to live our lives,
In sweet and beautiful harmony,
In my forest of dark beauty,
Or your land of the burning sun,
What does it matter?
As long as you and I
Are together under,
The same beautiful sky ...
Reindeer Mckenzie 2003
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is a beautiful poem. Have you the man who makes the come true for you? I'm certain that I have.
No but I have faith he is out there.
Post a Comment